Enrolment is your personal registration as a student.
For enrolment you will need:
- Proof of admission (letter of acceptance)
- Receipt of payment of € 126,50 (semester contribution to the Studentenwerk and administration costs)
- Proof of health insurance coverage (see section "insurances")
- Passport (with valid visa)
- In the case that you were already enrolled at a German University at any time before coming to Mannheim, we ask you to present your de-enrolment certificate!
The enrolment will be processed at the International Office and the Registrar's Office. After enrolment you receive a first set of study certificates that you will need for various formalities such as applying for a residence permit and many other things. A second set of study certificates that includes your password, user ID and email address in order to access the PC-Pools at the University will be sent to you by mail. Following the enrolment process at the International Office and the Registrar's Office, you can pick up your ecUM card at the University Library (Universitätsbibliothek).
The ecUM Card
The ecUM is your student identity card from the University of Mannheim. It is a chip card and can be used to pay for food in the Mensa (cafeteria) and for photocopying (it must first of all be credited with money, which can be done at the terminals). If you buy a semester ticket then the card will also serve as your ticket for public transportation.
You will get your ecUM card after the enrolment in the University Library (Universitätsbibliothek) in the East Wing of the palace. You have to show your passport and your student ID number that you received after enrolment at the University of Mannheim.
Opening hours: Mon – Fr: 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
If you should have problems with your ecUM you should go to the Info Center where they will be able to help you.
There are several terminals where you can buy the semester ticket, print study certificates and get the current semester imprint. Here are some of the locations:
- A 3
- Universitätsbibliothek (University Library, East Wing)
- L 7, 3
- A 5
You can find a complete list of the terminals as well as of the machines where you can charge your ecUM here.