The Data and Web Science Group at University of Mannheim has a job opening at the Chair for Data Science for a PostDoc in the H2020 project Teaming.AI, which explores the cooperation of humans and AIs in Smart Manufacturing settings. For this project, we are looking for a PostDoc to work on the topic of Machine Learning for Knowledge Graphs. The project is to start on January 1st, 2021, with a duration of three years.
- You have a PhD degree in the field of knowledge graphs, ideally in conjunction with machine learning, and experience in the field proven by an academic track record
- You are familiar with the recent developments in the field (e.g., knowledge graph embedding methods)
- You want to advance the state of the art and develop new ideas, and contribute to a multi-national cutting edge project
- You have strong programming skills, either in Java in Python
- Ideally, you have experience working in larger projects
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills (German is not required)
What we offer
- A large multi-cultural research group with lots of interesting projects and synergies
- Cutting edge compute infrastructure
- A nice work environment in the city center of Mannheim
The position will be equipped with a salary according to German public sector payscale E13 (approx 55–60k Euro per year).
The application deadline is September 30th; we plan to conduct job interviews during the first half of October. Please send your application as a single PDF to Ms. Bianca Lermer, including a CV, a list of publications, a letter of motivation, including research plans and interests, and names and contact information of at least two references.