- You have a university degree (master's or equivalent) in a relevant field, such as computer science, business informatics, industrial engineering, operations research, etc., with notable grades.
- (For post-docs: a PhD in a corresponding area and publications at renowned international conferences and/
- You have excellent analytical skills and can work autonomously.
- You can turn ideas into prototypical software (Python or Java experience is preferred).
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills (both oral and written).
- You have an intrinsic interest in the topic and in research (e.g., in pursuing a PhD).
Prior knowledge related to process analysis is an asset, but not a must for applying PhD candidates. The same holds for knowledge of German.
- You will conduct research involving the design, development, and analysis of cutting-edge techniques in the area of process analysis. Note that you shall have considerable freedom to choose your own research direction.
- You will supervise bachelor’s and master’s students working on related topics, as well as have a small involvement in teaching.
- You will present your work at national and international conferences.
- For PhD candidates, you will work towards a PhD thesis in a 4-year period.
What we offer
We offer two full time positions with a salary according to TV-L E 13 of the German public sector, for an intended period of 4 years (for post-docs, the length can be discussed). The positions are available as of April 2020, but the starting date is flexible.
How to apply?
Please send your application (in a single pdf file) by email to Prof. Dr. Van der Aa (contact(at)hanvanderaa.com; subject: PhD [Post-doc] application) by February 29, 2020. The application should include a brief statement of interest/
The University of Mannheim is an equal-opportunities employer. Preference will be given to applicants with disabilities provided they have the same qualifications. The University of Mannheim strives to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
For any questions or further information, please do not hesitate to reach out to Prof. Dr. Van der Aa (contact(at)hanvanderaa.com).