The LWDA conference takes place at the
University of Mannheim - School of Business Informatics and Mathematics
We recommend the following hotels in Mannheim:
- Maritim Parkhotel Mannheim, Friedrichsplatz 2, 68165 Mannheim, Telefon: 0621/1588-83
- Kurpfalzstuben, L 14,15, Mannheim, Telefon: 0621 / 150392-0
- Best Western Hotel Mannheim City, C 7, 9-11, 68159 Mannheim, Telefon: 0621 / 1592-0
- Wyndham Hotel, F4, 4-11, 68159 Mannheim, Telefon: 0621 / 1503930
- Hotel am Bismarck, Bismarckplatz 9, 68165 Mannheim, Telefon: 0621 / 4004-196-0
- InterCityHotel Mannheim, Schlossgartenstr. 1 – Ecke L 13 (gegenüber Hbf), Telefon: 0621 / 401811-337
Traveling by Train
Mannheim main station (Hauptbahnhof) is a transportation hub in the immediate vicinity of the University of Mannheim. To get from the main station to the conference venue (B6) , you can take the bus route 60 to the station Universität West direcly in front of the building.
The Rhein-Neckar-Verkehr GmbH (rnv) runs the local public transport system. Visit their website.
Traveling by Car
You can reach the university by taking the A6 highway, and exiting at Mannheim Mitte. Take the B37 and follow it past the Planetarium and then turn left following the sign indicating Universität. Once you have passed Mannheim main station, you are on Bismarckstrasse, which leads you directly past the palace where the university is located (the Schloss). Unfortunately, the University of Mannheim does not have a visitor's car park. We recommend using the parking lot underneath the Mensa.
Traveling by Plane
Mannheim has a regional airport, which has direct flights to and from Berlin and Hamburg. The nearest international airport is in Frankfurt. High-speed train connections from the airport mean that you can reach Mannheim in 30 minutes.