Call for Papers
„Large-scale Data Management and Processing – Applications in Research and Industry”
Summer Meeting of the GI Special Interest Group on Databases in cooperation with
LWDA 2018, August 22nd to 24th, 2018 at the University of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany.
The management and processing of extensive and growing amounts of data plays a key role in most application domains and is of ongoing research interest within the database community. Data science and analytics usually involve the design and implementation of complex data processing workflows along with the use of suitable data management techniques. Despite considerable advances made, there are still many challenges to face in order to provide efficient and effective solutions for scientific and industrial applications. For LWDA 2018, we are especially interested in projects developing and applying modern data management and processing techniques for (big) data processing workflows and their sub-phases. This includes data extraction and integration, workflow management, analytical data processing, data visualization, privacy aspects, data evolution, user feedback and many more. In particular, topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Data processing in data-intensive applications
- Data management in scientific workflows
- Big Data and data mining applications
- Distributed data management and processing
- Modern database solutions
- Data integration and semantic interoperability
- Graph databases and graph data management
- Spatial-temporal data analytics
- Data evolution
- Data privacy and security
- User interfaces and visualization
- Data management and processing for, e.g.
- Biomedical and Health 4.0 applications
- Digital Humanities applications
- Industry 4.0 applications
Types of Submissions
We solicit submissions under two different models:
- full research papers (up to 12 pages, peer-reviewed and to be published by LWDA)
- short papers (4 pages, peer-reviewed and to be published by LWDA) to present visionary ideas, work in progress, projects etc.
For both submission models, authors will have the opportunity to give a presentation at LWDA, and both, full and short papers will be published in the LWDA proceedings. Submissions are welcome in English and German. All papers have to be formatted according to the Springer LNCS guidelines and are to be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair. Please select the track ‘LWDA 2018, FG-DB’.
At least two independent reviewers will review all submissions. The conference proceedings will be published as CEUR Workshop Proceedings and will be indexed by DBLP. All workshop participants have to register for the LWDA 2018 conference.
We further welcome presentations and poster submissions of previously published work such as recent publications at top tier international venues.
Submission deadline: June 17, 2018 (extended)
Notification of acceptance: July 8, 2018
Camera-ready copy: July 22, 2018
LWDA 2018 Conference: August 22-24, 2018
- Stephan Deßloch (TU Kaiserslautern)
- Anika Groß (Leipzig University)
- Wolf-Tilo Balke (TU Braunschweig)
- Alexander Böhm (SAP)
- Stefan Conrad (Universität Düsseldorf)
- Meike Klettke (Universität Rostock)
- Klaus Meyer-Wegener (Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg)
- Felix Naumann (HPI Potsdam)
- Petra Sauer (Beuth Hochschule für Technik, Berlin)
- Holger Schwarz (Universität Stuttgart)
- Andreas Thor (HfTL Leipzig)
- Matthias Uflacker (HPI Potsdam)