Top 10 reasons to choose the University of Mannheim
1. A unique learning atmosphere. Our lecture halls are located at Mannheim Palace, one of the most beautiful baroque palaces in Europe. About 3,000 employees and 12,000 students currently enjoy the privileges of this extraordinary campus setting and its inspiring atmosphere.
2. One of the leading universities in Germany. Various rankings, awards and evaluations indicate the quality of research and teaching at the University of Mannheim. It is characterized by renowned Economic and Social Sciences being closely intertwined with Humanities, Law, Mathematics and Computer Sciences.
3. International spirit. One of eight students and researchers of the University of Mannheim has an international background. Expand your horizon by getting to know different people from all over the world. Several buddy programs help you make new friends.
4. Great career opportunities. The University of Mannheim is closely connected to international companies and well-known research centers. Evaluations among employers prove the high prestige of Mannheim’s alumni. Start your career right now!
5. Academic excellence. We offer top-class opportunities for students at all academic levels. Our programs are held in high esteem for their practice-oriented and interdisciplinary approach. The lecturers are well known experts of their chosen field. Innovative learning concepts and modern research facilities help you achieve your academic goals.
6. One of the best research institutions in Europe. Excellent researchers in five schools and internationally renowned research centers as the Mannheim Center for European Social Research (MZES) or the Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) guarantee top-class research opportunities at the University of Mannheim. There are also prestigious research institutes with close ties to the University, as the Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW) or the GESIS Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences, just to name a few examples.
7. A vibrant social life. Mannheim’s busy city center with its variety of shops, cafés, clubs or international restaurants is close to the University’s lecture halls. And for those who need some rest, it is just a five-minute walk to the banks of the Rhine. By the way: Don’t miss the legendary Schneckenhof parties on Germany’s most beautiful campus.
|8. Strong commitment. One characteristic of the University of Mannheim is the high level of commitment shown by faculty, students and staff. With a variety of projects, the University combines achievements in teaching and research and contributions to society.|
9. Student’s life. Whether you love theater, politics, sports, radio or you want to improve your debating skills - there is a club for you! With more than thirty clubs, initiatives and societies across the university, you have lots of opportunities to get involved
|10. Professional service and guidance. From application to graduation and beyond, dedicated staff members of the University of Mannheim will assist you. This support includes a Welcome Centre for international researchers and several advice teams for exchange students, offering guidance on issues such as financial aid, accommodation or language courses.|