What is my Uni-ID (user ID)?

User ID becomes Uni-ID

Your Uni-ID is your personal user ID of the University of Mannheim. The Uni-ID is used to verify the identity of the members of the University of Mannheim. Together with the individual password it is your log in for the following services, among others:

  • How do I receive my Uni-ID?

    Uni-ID (user ID) for students
    If you go to the “First steps“ section in the student portal (Portal²), you can retrieve your Uni-ID and the initial password. You can use the access information from the online application to login. After you have changed the initial password, you can use your Uni-ID to login.

    You are a student at the Baden-Württemberg Cooperative State University in Mannheim?
    Please contact Mr. Frank Krosta directly.

    You are a student at the Mannheim University of Music and Performing Arts?
    Please contact the InfoCenter of University IT and please present the following:

    • Valid student ID card and valid ID card/passport (with proof of residence)
    • A filled-in  registration form

    Uni-ID (user ID) for employees and  non-enrolled doctoral students
    If you are a new employee at the University of Mannheim, a personal Uni-ID is automatically created. If new employees already have a personal Uni-ID, e.g. due to switching from studying to working at the University of Mannheim, no personal Uni-ID will be created. In this case, please submit a request for modification (Änderungsantrag), so that your personal Uni-ID will be updated to match your new status.

    If you are a doctoral student and are enrolled or have not yet been employed by the University of Mannheim, please send the registration form (Erstantrag) as well as the request for modification (Änderungsantrag) in case of status changes signed by you and the supervising professor to the University IT.

    If you are employed by a cooperating institution (Heidelberg University, University of Applied Sciences Mannheim, ZEW – Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research, GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences, Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Evaluationsagentur Baden-Württemberg, Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society), please contact the InfoCenter of the University IT, Schloss Schneckenhof Süd.
    Opening hours: Mon to Fri 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
    Please make an appointment online before you come to the InfoCenter.
    E-mail: infocenter rz.uni-mannheim.de

    • Registration form bearing the official stamp of the institution
    • Present valid ID card/passport (with proof of residence)
    • Please present these documents in person.

    The personal Uni-ID has to be renewed every year. A reminder is sent to the email account which is linked to the personal Uni-ID.

    Registration form for employees

    If you are a non-enrolled doctoral student under the doctoral student management (Doktorandenverwaltung) and your personal Uni-ID has to be renewed, the doctoral student manager needs to apply for the renewal by email.

    If the personal Uni-ID is blocked, e.g. because the employment was terminated, a notification is sent to the email account linked to the personal Uni-ID.

  • I forgot my Uni ID. What should I do?

    Please contact out support team by phone at +49 621 181–2000. We are happy to help you.