Bank Account

You might need a German bank account in order to receive your salary or scholarship payments, pay bills or make regular payments such as rent. We therefore recommend opening up a checking account (Girokonto).

If you already have a European bank account with IBAN and BIC, depending on your position at the University of Mannheim and the duration of your stay, it might be advisable not to open up an additional German bank account.

The following documents are required for opening up a checking account: