On your way to the top? Take part in our doctoral program acadeMIA and take one year to enhance your individual profile. Get in contact with role models of the university at small-scale events and expand your scientific community.
The modules consist of one-day workshops lasting from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (8 hours with a lunch break). One module lasts two days (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.). The workshops take place during the week.
In addition, there will be an opening and a closing event as well as two informal evening sessions. The dates will be announced in due time.
1. 14 November 2019: Creative Problem Solving with Design Thinking
2. 17 December 2019: Research Project Management, Time & Stress Management
3. 16 January 2020: Communicating Effectively & Marketing Yourself
4. 14 February 2020: Career Planning – What are my further career movements?
5. 27 March 2020: Conflict Management
6. 6 April/7, 2020: Conference Presentation (2 days)
7. 8 May 2020: Tailor Made Job Applications – How to apply for a job and be hired
acadeMIA is a unique program offered at the University of Mannheim bringing together inspiring female early-stage researchers. In addition to providing a wide range of input during the workshops, the program also contributes to the creation of a group cohesion that lasts beyond acadeMIA!
acadeMIA has been rewarding for me, both from a professional and from a personal perspective. During the training program, I was able to further develop my professional skills and improve the perception of my strengths. In addition, I came into contact with many fascinating young female researchers from various disciplines, thus expanding my horizon enormously. Working with them and the coaches was great fun!
The acadeMIA program was very helpful for both my professional and personal development. Thanks to the program, I was able to build a network of women from different disciplines, and the exchange of ideas stimulated exciting interdisciplinary research questions. In addition, I also made some friends during the program, which I still cherish very much even years later.