The Sustainability Festival will celebrate and promote sustainability in all its forms. Students, researchers, employees, organizations and companies will be brought together in an interactive manner and will present what is done in terms of sustainability at the university. Mannheim residents are also warmly invited to attend. All ideas and critical questions can be contributed at the events, talks and workshops on sustainability.
Do you have any questions? Then do not hesitate to contact Lisa Bracher or Theresa Fricke.
- 10 a.m. – Noon: Open Plenum on the sustainability activities at the University with Professor Laura Marie Edinger-Schons and the sustainability working group (live in lecture hall SN163 in the Ostflügel of the Schloss and via Zoom) (language: English)
- Noon – 2 p.m.: Teaching Sustainability – Information Fair for Students: Introduction of the courses on sustainability that the University of Mannheim offers (Mensawiese) (language: German/
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Practitioner Talk and Student Conference (live in lecture hall SN163 in the Ostflügel of the Schloss and via Zoom) (language: English)
- 3 p.m. – 7 p.m.: Food for Thought Market: Activities, workshops, information stands by student organizations, networks, chairs and the Institute of Sports, Sustainable Food Market and much more on the Mensawiese on the Schloss campus (language: German/
- 3.30 p.m.: Live music on the Mensawiese with Gabriel Zanetti
- 4.30 p.m.: Short Welcoming Speech by mayor Dr. Peter Kurz together with University of Mannheim President Prof. Dr. Thomas Puhl on the Mensawiese (language: German)
- from 5 p.m.: Live music on the Mensawiese with Paolo b2b Schimbo – Spacementsounds
- from 7 p.m.: Reading with Prof. Dr. Annette Kehnel from her book “We could also do otherwise: A brief history of sustainability” (Wir konnten auch anders: Eine kurze Geschichte der Nachhaltigkeit) (language: German)
Impulses and Short Presentations In the Afternoon:
|Time||EW 161||EW 163||EW 165|
Scientists for Future
Prof. Dr. Bernward Gesang
„Donating instead of cycling? Individual duties in climate protection“
Green Vision Solutions GmbH
Carbon Neutrality at the Studierendenwerk Mannheim – Calculating the CO2 footprint
Kathrin Blitzke von ENGAGE.EU
Green Mobility Guidelines
Water is right | … with a cause
LCOY – Junge Klimakonferenz (Climate Conference for Young People)
Volunteering for Sustainability – What Can Be Done?