Change of address or name

Please notify Student Services as soon as possible if your address or name has changed. If you fail to inform us, important documents could be sent to a wrong address or might show a wrong name.

In case you wish your address in Mannheim or home adress changed, please contact the Express Service either by e-mail or in person. Please indicate your student ID number and both your old and new address when sending an e-mail.

You can determine yourself if you would like us to post documents to your address in Mannheim or to your home address at your parents’ by selecting the preferred address in Portal².

Confirmation for the statutory pension provider

You will be issued a confirmation of disenrollment, a certificate indicating your period of enrollment at the university, and a confirmation for the statutory pension provider when you disenroll from your program. The confirmation for the statutory pension provider serves as proof of how long you studied at the University of Mannheim. Please submit it to the Deutsche Rentenversicherung, along with your degree certificate, to have your period of study recognized for your pension.

Requesting the confirmation for the statutory pension provider
In case you completed your studies some time ago and did not receive the confirmation when you disenrolled, you may request one from Student Services. To do so, please send an e-mail to the  Student Services secretary. The subject should read “Rentenbescheinigung” and the e-mail should include the following information:

  • last name, first name,
  • date of birth, place of birth,
  • current address,
  • periods of study (from... to...),
  • degree program,
  • degree awarded (yes/no), date.

Please note that processing your inquiry may take a while. Thank you for your patience.


Express Service

Express Service

Jessica Cariola-Nicolei, Thomas Keil, Kirsten Maurer, Sharon Rübel
University of Mannheim
Dezernat II – Express-Service L 1, 1
68161 Mannheim