Family is a colorful term for the diversity of life, and the Department is happy to support you and help you achieve a successful balance between family and work/
For any questions regarding family and compatibility with studies or work, the contact persons of the Department of Equal Opportunity and Social Diversity and the Equal Opportunity Commissioner are available and will be happy to advise you individually on your needs.
Do you already know about the possibility to use the parent-child room in B6? Here you will find a child-friendly workplace option to bridge care bottlenecks. The university offers additional options for working hours through (ad hoc) teleworking in order to better reconcile family and career.
Networking with other parents answers many a question and makes many things easier in everyday life with a child. Feel free to take advantage of these opportunities in the parent network on MS Teams and/
For the International Day of the Family, the Rhine Neckar Region offers various activities on the weekend around and on Family Day. Get inspired to join in with your loved ones!
- 12.5.2023, 14 – 18 o'clock: Workshop für Familien: Partnerschaftliches Miteinander in stürmischen Zeiten – Stadt Speyer, Walderholung Speyer
- 12. – 15.5.2023: Mannheimer Hockeytage
- 14.5.2023, 11 – 17 o'clock: 10 Jahre Familienbüro in Heidelberg, Großes Familienfest – Buntes Programm mit Flohmarkt und Fahrradaktion, Plöck 2a, Heidelberger Altstadt
- 15.5.2023, 16 – 18 o'clock: Tag der Familie – Deutscher Kinderschutzbund Ortsverband Mannheim e.V., Campuspavillon at the Bundesgartenschau Mannheim
- 26. – 28.5.2023: Kinderfest Mannheim
- 24.06.2023, 14:30 o'clock: Wahr oder Falsch? – Eine Quiz-Tour mit kuriosen Geschichten für die ganze Familie, Barockschloss Mannheim, Registration is absolutely necessary for special tours
- bis 30.7.2023: „Unsichtbare Welten“, Reiss-Engelhorn-Museen